You should not take off from hospital without your trusted sunglasses especially during a hot sunny day. Even though fashion commands which pair of sunglasses are stylish, you should ensure that the glasses you are planning to buy has 100 % UV protection. This article will chronicle a concise history of sunglasses beginning with the top five models during the past 70 years.
1. Wrap around shades. They were popularized in early 1990s and became the first choice of players from regular sports to extreme ones.
2. Oversized Sunglasses. They gained fame in 1960s as women known to echo Jacqueline Kennedy-Onassis fashion sense. Oversized sun glasses just recently got back in the limelight and its reappearance can be largely credited to fashion conscious women like Paris Hilton.
3. Tea-shade Sunglasses. These sunglasses are also dubbed to be John Lennon glasses, famous in the 1960’s, but have greatly faded away from the fashion world after. Rumor has it that they are coming back as paparazzi captured recent photos of popular actresses and performers donning the said shades.
4. Aviators. The design had debut in 1936, it was originally made for the usage about U.S. military pilots and it was not yet accessible to regular people, unrivaled a few years after it was made. Actor Tom Cruise made the aviators famous in 1986 quasi he played as the pilot Maverick in the movie, Top Gun.
5. Ray-Ban Wayfarer. It was made in 1952, such sunglasses had for plastic frames instead of the traditional metal frames. Initially designed for pilots, ray-ban wayfarers rapidly became legendary with actors like James Dean including Marilyn Monroe. Audrey Hepburn donned them in her movie- Breakfast at Tiffany’s in 1961 and Tom Cruise also wore them in his movie, Risky Business shown in 1983. Until today, it is a notable style of sunglasses.
During the last 70 years, sunglasses have become a famous fashion detail however there history date way, way back. The first sunglasses were designed from walrus ivory and it was during the prehistoric era. In the olden times, people forged flattened walrus ivory with svelte slits for their eye protection against the sun rays. Meanwhile in the Arctic regions, people without eye protection brook snow blindness.
Written goods shows that China started using sunglasses beginning in the 12th century. The first pair was made of flat panes about quartz; they were worn mainly for sun protection. Sunglasses took incorrect in the 20th century. Sam Foster started mass- production of the eyewear in America in 1929, and from before on other companies started making sunglasses too.
Your reason for getting sunglasses may be deserts to certain fashion needs. Or, you may simply get one for yourself for you are concerned mainly in protecting your eyes. Always, memorize that they do hardly need to be costly. Secure that they can shield your eyes from the fatal rays of the sun. An appropriate pair of sunglasses, maybe it be signature alternative a modest one, must block out 100% UV rays to protect your eyes.