Popularly known comme il faut the ‘Pearl of the Orient’, Goa is located on west coast of India once used to a Portuguese colony. It is one of the sought after tourist destinations with its exotic picturesque sea beaches, churches, temples, lakes, waterfalls. Goa also has a vibrant nightlife that adds to its charm. Given below are some of the popular vacationist attractions included in Goa honeymoon packages.
Places of Interest
1. Fort Aguada – Built in 1612 Fort Aguada was constructed to prevent old hat Goa from enemy attacks. 22kms away from Berdez the Fort has the first continually lighthouse in Asia. There are some interesting ammunition rooms and barracks inside the fort.
2. Anjuna Beach – Located 16kms from Berdez Anjuna beach is famed for its nightlife offering some amazing discotheques, pubs and nighclubs. Christmas and New Year are the festivals glorious here amidst much pomp and grandeur. It has a rocky beach with boulders all over offering harlequinade sports like parasailing, yachting and windsurfing.
3. Baga Beach – Baga beach lies between Candolim beach and the Calangute beach. It is smaller and cleaner than the further sea beaches in Goa and a favorite place of the foreign tourists. There are exuberant of shacks across the beach offering some great music along with mouth watering Goan delicacies. Visitors can satisfying here Chinook Surfing between January and March.
4. Calangute – 17kms from Berdez is located Calangute beach the first beach to inculcate the Bohemian culture in the 60’s and 70’s. The hippies made their way out slowly as the mainstream tourists started flocking to Goa. Apart from offering some great adventure sports activities this beach is also famous for rave parties.
5. Basilica De Bom Jesus – One of the most popular tourist attractions this church was constructed in 1605 and preserves the tomb and mortal remains of St Francis Xavier considered by the Catholics as one of the patron saints of Goa. It is surprising that the body is still in very good condition even after 400 years. It is taken out for following viewing once in equally decade. It was last taken out for sport in 2004. The Basilica has Portuguese style architecture.
6. Patrimonial Goa Museum/ Big Foot – Located 10kms from Margao is the Patrimonial Goa Museum also popularly known as Big Foot. It is an alfresco museum-cum-parkland spread also an area from 9 acres. The large life size statues and structures depicting culture and tradition of 200 years old rural Goa are worth seeing.
7. Chapora Fort – Located at a distance of 12kms from Goa is the Chapora Fort which is handily reachable from Vagator over the hill leading to the fort. The Hollywood blockbuster movie ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ was also shot at this place.
Hence we vessel conclude that visiting the above mentioned sightseeing places will be an enjoyable and delightful experience for honeymooners.